Friday, December 4, 2009

EXTREME MAKEOVER - PART 1

It is not really a makeover, and it is not extreme. It is just a spring cleaning session that should have been done a long time ago. There were always reasons, for being too busy, especially towards the end of the schools holidays. Work piling up and there were deadlines that were waiting one after another so I guess I had valid excuses. So I had to pull up my sleeves to clear my room cum workstation cum entertainment station. Make hay while the sun shines, especially by next week I will be very busy again.

before - while waiting for my new cabinet to arrive

It is not easy to clean up. First, you have to decide between things which are good and which are not needed anymore. Second, you have to decide whether to throw or not to throw. I guess we always keep some things which we feel we like but actually we don't need them and in the end, these things are accumulating dust. It is amazing that no matter how frequent we clean up, there will still be rubbish and unwanted items. We humans do produce rubbish, and a lot of it.

while - the cabinet is here and the boxes are gone

The best way to get rid of things you want to throw away is by recycling. Remember to reduce, reuse and recycle. And do not be surprised that you can earn some amount of money by sending these items to a recycling centre, and that is the money that you will easily throw away if you don't recylce. The best way is send them straight to a recycling factory rather than to the old newspapers lorry because the person will offer a cheaper price.

after - hardwork that pays off

I spent quite some time to finish this extreme makeover (to exaggerate again). The question now is, how long will this room be in this condition? There are other extreme makeover projects for me, just hope I have the strength and the will to carry out this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment