Thursday, April 1, 2010

BOOK REVIEW 9 - JODI PICOULT'S "PLAIN TRUTH"



someone snapped my photo while I was reading this very book in Lumut

I started reading this book on the day I arrived in Lumut on 16th of March. After two weeks, finally, I will have to return the book to Miss Cheong.

The story revolves around two main characters, Ellie the lawyer and Katie, the Amish girl. Ellie is on her mission to save Katie who gives birth out of a wedlock and is accused to kill the baby just after it is born. Amish is a society which known to be religious and try to avoid modernization and technology, so murder in the community is out of the question. So who kills the baby? Is it really Katie, or is it someone else? Well, I am not going to tell you that - you have to read it yourself. When you think that everything ends happily, surprise awaits you and I feel that whatever I have made to believe from the storytelling is such a waste of time. But isn't a good book full of surprises?

I am already thinking of going to the bookshop this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment