Friday, January 28, 2011

THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL BEFORE THE CNY BREAK

One good thing of living in a multiracial country is that you get to celebrate other races' festivals and you will get longer school break once in a while. And today was the last day of school before the Chinese New Year Holidays.






some of the exhibits on display

The Tamil Language Society was holding an exhibition with the theme of Ponggal and Thaipusam at Balai Bestari. This was a good effort to make students (and teachers) understand the culture of the Indians better. The Chinese Language Society had a lion dance performance to celebrate Chinese New Year last Wednesday morning and I missed that. It would be a great posting for my blog.

teachers and a student at the exhibition

with the committee members



I received a bouquet of fresh flowers from Suvaathy, a form one student who would be going away to MRSM Mersing after the school break. I don't think I have got flower bouquets that often so this was a real surprise to me. Seriously, I thought those were not real flowers earlier until I had the chance to sit down and look at the bouquet real close. Thanks again to Suvaathy and wish her the best of luck at her new school and may she will enjoy her life there.

sharing the joy of Chinese New Year

After the four weeks of hectic school life, thank God, the one week holiday is here. There is still some work to be done but I will be going somewhere for a short while. Of course I am not telling where. You have to come back and read my blog soon. And to all my Chinese friends and students, wishing you all "Gong Xi Fa Cai" - don't forget to bring back more oranges to school later. And for the rest, enjoy yourself while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment