Tuesday, April 5, 2011

BRUNEI TRIP: THE EMPIRE HOTEL AND COUNTRY CLUB - THE INTERIOR

the big windows overlooking the ocean















my first time taking self-photograph in front of a mirror ~ no choice!

I was told by the taxi driver cum tourist guide that Michael Jackson once stayed here. So when I was informed that I could actually walk around in the hotel lobby, I was kind of unsure of what I would encounter. Once I was inside, I realized that this was the place that was definitely not for me - there was this guilty feeling to be there. Talking about low self esteem. Thus, I spent only a short moment there for the fear of trespassing into unknown territory. Words that came across my mind of people whom I saw there: FILTHY RICH.

4 comments:

  1. should be one of my many dreams for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No human beings in any of the pictures pun. Empty ke? Only pic with human being is the one of your own reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there were very few people at that time, i was afraid I was breaching their privacy for walking in the lobby :)

    ReplyDelete