Friday, October 28, 2011

MEETING AN OLD FRIEND/EX-COURSEMATE


A friend of mine, an ex-coursemate of the UPM TESL '93 group came to Johor Bahru when her husband had to be here for work-related business. The last time we met was during Hari Raya and at that time, Puan Maslinda did not have the time to explore Johor Bahru that she left behind many years ago. So today I had the opportunity to show her one of the very few shopping complexes in town, Jusco Tebrau City.

With no intention of shopping, we just had tea at a restaurant and gossiped for about two hours. Too bad, Puan Maslinda and her husband will be going to Singapore the next day and there is another family event they have to attend the day after next, or else I could show the other sides of town which should be new to her.

Thanks Puan Maslinda (a.k.a Amoi) for your time and also for all the food below, brought all the way from Kuala Lumpur.

her daughter's home-made chocolate

my first bite of red velvet

conga bars

cake from a wedding reception?

"daging salai masak lemak cili api"
[translate: barbecued meat in super hot coconut milk gravy]

NOTE: Once, I was sending a friend from the TESL group to the bus terminal as she needed to catch her bus there. After that, someone who saw me with my friend, asked me on Facebook who that lady was and suddenly I was feeling like a celebrity. I wonder whether there was any paparazzi around this time. :)

2 comments:

  1. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah so much of food brought by Amoi!!! Jealous!!! Have fun eating all the things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no worries CHRIS. if u go visit her sure she will prepare ALL of the above for u. :)

    ReplyDelete