Wednesday, June 13, 2012

U.S. CAPITOL, THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS AND THE SUPREME COURT

30th MAY 2012 [3rd day in the US] ~ The adventure to explore Washington D.C. continued, this time on my own. Started as early as 8:30 a.m. from VA, the first place I headed to was the United States Capitol and the few buildings nearby before doing the museum visits.

US CAPITOL
If White House is the residence of the President, the Capitol is something like the Parliament house. I like the Capitol better because people could go really close to the building as it was not fenced. And it looked really beautiful against the bright blue sky. I guess it is one of the most prominent landmarks of the city and I am sure you have seen it before in either American movies or television programmes.

successfully found someone to 
take a photo for me
view from afar (rear view)
cap3
the sculptures behind the building 
across the road



cap4
Washington Monument seen from the Capitol
cap5
right at the back of the building
(felt as if I could almost
make my way in)


cap6
the fountain
cap7
the east front entrance
cap8
side view
cap9
view from east front
cap10
full frontal :) landscape
cap11
full frontal portrait
 cap12

cap13
been there, done that
squirrel
the Capitol's squirrel

THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS
It is situated right opposite the Capitol.I decided not to enter the library as I didn't think I would have enough time to do so and there was a long queue of school students going on the summer school trip at the entrance.

lib1
welcome
 lib2

lib3

lib4
not just a lamp post

US SUPREME COURT

 court
The US Supreme Court is just next to the library. There were people doing silent protest there too but I did not dare to take their photos.

NEXT POSTING: visit to the museums.

No comments:

Post a Comment