Sunday, September 9, 2012

THE 21ST DAY OF SYAWAL

At about 11:15 a.m. I went to attend a wedding invitation, then at about 2:00 p.m. there was this potluck in the school staffroom. Right after school, I went to a student's open house and tried the "Nasi Arab" and a bit of "Laksa Johor". 

After about an hour after that, I was at my colleagues' house, Mr. Hisham and Pn. Nurhafiza, as they also were welcoming friends to their house. I had to try their "Nasi Beriyani Udang" and a few curry puffs, and I had to tell myself to stop.

That is what Eid is all about here at my place, and maybe at other places as well in the country. After all the eating spree, I hope my guilt conscience for taking all the food should be enough. I am thinking of fasting for another week already. How I envy those people who can eat a lot but stay slim and have nothing to worry. *sigh*


"There is no love sincerer than the love of food."
George Bernard Shaw
from "Man and Superman"

No comments:

Post a Comment