Saturday, November 3, 2012

A COURSE, AN ANNUAL LUNCH AND A WEDDING - IN ONE DAY

 I N - H O U S E  T R A I N I N G

The third in-house training for teachers was held again in CTL, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. It had to do with something with the theme of "Loving Teachers". I only managed to listen to the second speaker's talk. I was too tired from the previous trip to KL to get up earlier.


A N N U A L  L U N C H

Once the course was ended, everybody made their way to Persada Johor for the KEBIRUS (Teachers and Staff Club). Two buses were chartered to get the people who did not want to drive there. The annual lunch was held at Restoran Selasih there.



The good news: the Principal was not there and there was no bad news. We had the usual things: speeches, lucky draws and most of the time, eat till you drop. We also had a short slot for Puan Lee Kim Luan who will be retiring in December. She delivered a short but sweet speech and a few presents were handed over as our token of appreciation.(There will be a more formal and elaborate function for her next week.)










lucky for them, unlucky for me

Congratulations to the committee members who had made the event a success.Now we have to wait for another year for a similar event.

W E D D I N G

This was one event I could not miss. One reason was because I received continuous SMS alerts as well as a phone call from Mr. Radin Mohd. Hafiz, an ex-student who is now a policeman, reminding me to attend his sister's wedding (value: determination). Even though it was raining and I was a bit too full to eat, I was looking forward to meet my ex-student the policeman. 

By the end of the day, and after the eating spree I had in Kuala Lumpur a few days before, I am getting really worried to get on the weighing scale. *sigh*

2 comments: