Friday, November 2, 2012

BEING AWAY ATTENDING A MEETING

I was away from home to attend an annual meeting held in Kuala Lumpur. This is something I would be looking forward to, not only to get away from school but also to be able to see some familiar faces. It was done at Mandarin Court Hotel this time, and my room was overlooking the historic Merdeka Stadium (and I forgot to take a picture of it).




There was actually a lot of work to be done during the meeting  but as the saying goes: all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. We didn't want to be dull like Jack, did we?

This time, my roommate and I, with another friend, spent more time eating out as the food in the hotel was not, how should I say, up to the standard. We went to Berjaya Times Square (twice), Central Market, and a KFC Restaurant at Wisma KFC after visiting the KL Tower.

There was another mini reunion with an ex-coursemate from my college. Puan Amizah Amir. The last time I saw her could be before I left UPM for my practical teaching session. So I went to see her at Berjaya Times Square with Puan Hanita Kassim who was also attending the same meeting like me. It was a short gathering which lasted for less than 2 hours but it was worth the effort squeezing into the super packed KL Monorail to get back to our hotel with other KL people going back from work.

And after five days of time well spent in KL, I am already back home with a tonne of work waiting. However, I am not going to do it tonight - there are just too many things I have to do on my PC.

2 comments: