Friday, March 15, 2013

ISTANBUL DAY 3 - FROM EUROPE CROSSING OVER TO ASIA AND COMING BACK TO EUROPE AGAIN


At this time, my friend Mr. Razib, had already left Istanbul so I was on my own. I decided just to go for Bosphorus sightseeing tour on the hop on hop off bus, except that I only hopped on and did not not hop off. The bus trip was at 4:00 p.m. and it was full with tourists,

 

So I just sat on the top level of the double-decker bus. The bus first crossed over to the new city of Istanbul where there was a massive traffic jam, then the bus crossed this bridge and took the passengers to Istanbul which should be on the Asia continent. And then, the bus turned back and the whole journey took about 2 hours.















 













The scenery was picturesque and it was an enjoyable trip. The only problem was that the air was too cold so people had to put down the plastic cover to the windowless top level. And the plastic was a bit dirty so that should explain why the pictures I took were not that clear.

at one stop, a man would get into the bus 
and sell hot tea and coffee

I guess I had done what everyone else did - crossing over to Asia from Europe and coming back to Europe again, in less than an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment