Tuesday, August 27, 2013

MY UTM SPACE ENGLISH CLASS THIS SEMESTER

I was fortunate to have the opportunity to teach English (UHB1412) to a group of UTM's SPACE (part time) students in Kuala Lumpur this semester. I had the experience of teaching the same course to the full time degree students in the main campus but this was something totally new.




All the students are career men and women, and some are married with kids. I had the experience of doing my master degree part time so I know how hard it is actually to juggle between study and work. While others are enjoying their time, these people have to sacrifice their weekends to attend lectures, other than spending hours studying and doing assignments. However, nothing is impossible because determination is the key to success.







We had our last class on Sunday, 18th August which was the 11th day of Eid so people were still celebrating even in class. We had a few activities such as the evaluation of group discussion and writing and someone had not yet done his oral presentation.





oral presentation




Most of the time, I am dealing with students in school so to get an adult group to attend to will be something interesting which I don't get the chance to do every day. Undoubtedly, there was the extra income but the experience and the chance to teach as well as to meet new people are priceless.

I do not know whether I will see them again in the future as I don't even know whether I will be offered the same job again. So thanks everybody for the cooperation during our classes and I wish you all the very best of luck in completing your studies in UTM.


"When the student is ready,
the master appears."
~ Buddhist proverb ~

No comments:

Post a Comment