Wednesday, December 18, 2013

WALKING THROUGH VICTORIA ESPLANADE GARDENS

"A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in - what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars."

~ Victor Hugo, "Les Misrables" ~



From the Rose Gardens, we had to go through Victoria Esplanade Gardens and I was not complaining. There were more flowers adorning the walkway beside the roadside. In fact there was an aviary in the garden which housed some varieties of birds, mostly multi-coloured parakeets and parrots, but I did not take any photo.














I found a beautiful caterpillar on a leaf!


birds of a feather flock together




voluntary duck-feeding session at the park


cactus garden









Manawatu River




flood history recorded on a piece of wood
One of the spots in the park was the Manawatu River Pathway, a stretch of small lane for people to just stroll, run, cycle, skateboard etc. Manawatu River is one of the major rivers in North Island. I found out from Wikipedia that in Maori language "Manawatu" means "heart standing still with fear" but thank God, there was no fear on that day. I had a pleasant day in the gardens and I should have seen all the flowers of Palmerston North by then.

And I had one more day to spend in Palmerston North.

No comments:

Post a Comment