Monday, January 6, 2014

LADY NORFOLK ROSE GARDEN

the rose garden seen from a higher level

To conclude my tour to Wellington Botanic Garden was the visit to Lady Norfolk Rose Garden that was situated at the foot of the hill. It sure was a major attraction as busloads of tourists could be seen roaming around the garden, either taking photos of themselves with the flowers or just the flowers. Although I had been to the rose garden in Palmerston North which was much bigger than this, I was still impressed with the beauty of the roses.

















 

I could not stay that long there as it was getting hotter - and I had promised to see someone right after that. And I came across this "Peace Garden" which was located just across the entrance to Lady Norfolk Rose Garden. There was a pond with a small waterfall (which could be an artificial one) and should symbolize something, hence the name. Please google about it on your own.





 NEXT: one more museum in Wellington

No comments:

Post a Comment