Friday, January 10, 2014

LIVING A BACKPACKER'S LIFE AT YHA WELLINGTON

This was my first time staying in a youth hostel a.k.a backpacker's accommodation, from 27th-30th November 2013. The main reason I chose this place other than its affordable rate was the good reviews given my previous visitors, and I was not disappointed at all.




The hostel also has dorms which could accommodate either four or six people to a room. I am not that adventurous so I opted for a single room with a large bed and had no problem sleeping at all.













It was just like an ordinary hostel except you have to share the bathrooms with other people. If you have stayed in a school hostel before, this would not be something new. Even the bathrooms were very clean and people were really friendly we exchanged our "hi" with each other in there.




There is also a kitchen on the ground floor if you wish to cook your own meal and a laundry on the top floor. I did not use any.



I really loved the espresso bar here. I could get my coffee and bagel (with cream cheese and jam) before I started exploring the city in the morning.







The building is strategically located in town. There is a supermarket opposite and with walking distance to almost any tourists' attractions in the city, especially the Te Papa Museum. There is a bus stop right at the back of the hostel and you could get a bus that ferry people to and from the airport.

I will not hesitate to stay here again if I have the chance to go to Wellington in the future, and I would not hesitate to recommend this place to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment