Tuesday, February 25, 2014

INTRODUCING "MEE RACUN" OF BATU PAHAT

Mr. Abdul Aziz introduced me to one of Batu Pahat's specialties: Mee Racun [translate: poison noodles]. No, there was no poison in the dish and I might have to google for its history to find out the origin of its name.








I just ordered the regular one that did not come together with the "gear box" bone. We also had 10 sticks of sate.











MY VERDICT: The sate is THE food that you should go for. The meat was bigger and cheaper, only 50 sen a stick. The sate was very well marinated and the spices were well blended with its sweet and spicy taste. As for the noodles, I would say I prefer the "mee rebus Johor" better. Well, one man's noodles, is another man's poison.

I should be hosting that TV programme "Jalan-jalan Cari Makan" by now except I will have to always give a good review to all the food outlets I will visit which is not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment