Wednesday, December 31, 2014

MAKING NEW FRIENDS IN HO CHI MINH CITY

11th December 2014 ~ [2nd DAY HCM TRIP] I was lucky to meet two Malaysians in Ho Chi Minh City who were backpacking. Mr. Syafiq is a friend of an ex-student while Miss Amalina is his friend. Then I was introduced to their Vietnamese friends whom they were staying with, Mr. Nguyen and Mr. Trung Le.





Mr.Syafiq wanted to get something from the market first and we decided to get lunch after that before we continued exploring the city. We went to this one cafe called Cafe 4A which I found very comfortable and urban.







The three Malaysians chose to eat seafood spaghetti and for dessert we had banana ice-cream. The dessert was actually very delicious and I don't think we can get it here in Malaysia. I tried to buy this from a convenient store near my hotel a day after that but this particular ice-cream was not available.












can you see the tree trunk?


a clearer view



This should be the most environmental friendly restaurant I have ever been to. There was a tree growing through the roof of the eating place. Rather than cutting off the tree, it was left to live. It looked small enough not to cause any danger to the people in the shop. Perhaps we should also do something like this here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment