Wednesday, March 25, 2015

BENANG KELAMBU WATERFALLS - PART TWO


"Benang"= thread
"Kelambu" = mosquito net

 My inference on how the name "the thread of the mosquito net" was given to the waterfall could be either:
(1) The water cascades in fine, thin stream of water, like the thread of a mosquito net; or
(2) There is a thin mist of water sprayed around you as you are standing near the waterfalls as if you are observing the surrounding inside a mosquito net. 






I was so much in love with this place and I would not mind coming back again to this very spot.There is also another waterfall nearby, Benang Stokel, and a few others in Lombok.























There is no need for me to describe what I had seen. I would just let the pictures do the talking.









The best thing of all, the trip to the waterfalls involved too many people beyond my expectation. Hence the saying, the more the merrier. Thanks again to the people playing hosts for taking me to the waterfalls. I was truly touched by the friendliness shown during my short visit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment