Tuesday, January 19, 2016

THE MORNING MARKET AT THE MOSQUE




18th December 2016 ~ After breakfast at hotel, I decided to explore a bit before following a tour group to the elephant camp. I was real happy to see there was a mosque nearby and got extremely delighted to discover there was a morning market in an open area  opposite the mosque.




There were many Muslim sellers and I could buy authentic Chiang Mai halal food from that place. Too bad I had had breakfast already so I decided to buy food for lunch instead (which was later eaten at about 3:00 p.m. after coming back from the tour).



I got my lunch from this man, something like briyani














































The name of the mosque is Hidayatul Islam Banhaw Mosque and it is located at a place I saw labelled as "Halal Street Hilal Town". Muslim visitors could easily get their food supply here as there are restaurants around the mosque area. More pics of the mosque later.


No comments:

Post a Comment