Sunday, July 24, 2016

THE 18TH DAY OF SYAWAL 1437H


23rd JULY 2016 ~ I was invited by Mr. Assadiq Abd. Manap (ex-SMKTUN from SPM batch) to his open house at Taman Universiti. I had to be in another programme earlier but it finished early and went to his house right away. I was there at about 11:00 a.m. and was the second one to arrive. I had to make my move to another faraway place for another open house invitation.

the mother and the elder brother



After all the effort finding my way to Felda Tunggal, Kota Tinggi, to the family of an old friend who was a colleague in SMK Taman Universiti. That was the furthest place I have driven for an open house as long as I can rememberPuan Siti Adaniah Sarimin moved to her husband's hometown in 2015 but it was kind enough of her to invite me over to her place.


I got to meet two more people who know me, the class monitor who got married to the assistant monitor. Mr. Fairuz and Ms. Nur Nazihah are the ex-students of SMKTUN from SPM batch 2007 and are the the brother and sister-in-law of Puan Siti Adaniah. It was worth all the effort and time to get to see more people in one session.




Later in the evening, a group of  ex-SMKTUN's boys from SPM batch 2013 arrived. There was definitely a lot catching up to do as for most of them, this was like once in a year (or more) meet-the-teacher of meet-your-own-friends session. There used to be more people last time but as they grow older, it is really difficult to get people to gather at the same time.




About two more weeks to celebrate Eid. I still have a lot of cookies at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment