Wednesday, August 24, 2016

TAIPEI 101 - SEEING TAIPEI FROM HIGH UP IN THE SKY


4TH JUNE 2016 ~ One of the itineraries that you could have when in Taipei is definitely going up the fifth tallest building in the world. There is a dress code for you to observe or you will be denied entry.


Even before you reach the viewing floor, you are already part of a world record when you are moving up in an elevator which was once the fifth fastest in the universe.








I was there at about 6:30 p.m. so I could observe the transition of a bright daylight to dark night.








This object is called a wind damper, located at the middle of the building. The function is something to do with the speed of the wind. During a strong earthquake or typhoon, the building will move [SCARY!] and the wind damper will sway to avoid any damage being done to the structure of the building. Correct me if I am wrong. 








On the 91st floor, visitors were allowed to go out of the building and enjoyed the panorama in the open. At that height, I was literally standing among the clouds. The viewing deck was heavily fenced to avoid people from jumping off. Well, you would never know things people are capable of doing.
















There was an exhibition hall which visitors were "forced" to walk through before leaving Taipei 101. Thank god they did not force us to buy anything.




I am glad that I was there as I do not whether I would have the opportunity to see Taipei 101 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment