Thursday, October 27, 2016

KILLING TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE IN MUAR


When I had to go other places for courses, I would always try to meet old friends. On the first day in Muar, I had the chance to meet up with two ex-classmates from my Budiman class of SMS Muar. Puan Halijah Othman, who is now teaching in SMKSAB and Puan Rozana Ab. Manap, a lecturer at Johor Matriculation College, accompanied by their husbands, gathered at Muar Soup House in the evening. I had never had the chance to meet Puan Rozana after we left school in 1986 so this was like a reconciliation between two long lost friends, but we do have conversation sessions in the class Whatsapp group when we managed to get in touch with a few other people. As for Puan Halijah, we last met in 2011 when there was a class gathering at Subang Jaya.




Then on the second day, I met Puan Harizan Mahfar, an old friend of my UPM TESL class of 1993, who is a true blue Muarian and is also teaching there.  I had to get the well-known Mee Bandung of Muar at a stall near the bus stand by the Muar river. 

So I guess my KPI has been achieved during my stay in Muar. One of the best things in life will definitely be the combination of friends, gossip and good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment