Wednesday, October 5, 2016

VIDEO: AN OLDIE JAZZ SONG, "MARILAH KE MARI", ON ANGKLUNG



15th September 2016 ~ The more senior and professional angklung players made their appearance much later in the show. The first song presented was and oldie entitled "Marilah ke Mari", a song surprisingly I grew up with (which should prove how old I have become now). It was a jazzy kind of music, and according to the conductor, most of the time jazz songs are not suitable for angklung as it needs a personal expression to effectively produce the music. On the other hand, angklung has to be presented as a group and not an individual performance. I have been right all this while I guess, as I find that some songs would not sound that nice if played on angklung.




I tried to google for more information on the song but only managed to find out that it was made popular by an Indonesian singer, Titiek Puspa. Gone are the days when I used to listen to almost every song played on radio. 

[MY BANDUNG TRIP MAIN PAGE]

No comments:

Post a Comment