Saturday, December 17, 2016

THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD'S [PBUH] BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION 1437H


16th DECEMBER 2016 ~ A celebration to commemorate  the birthday of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) by Nurul Takzim Mosque of Kampung Dato' Suleiman Menteri, Johor Bahru. The event was started by a procession along the roads at 7:30 a.m., by singing words of praise (selawat) for the Prophet and the were also "kompang" (traditional drum hit by one's palm) groups accompanying us.












I found that I could see the surroundings much clearer and in great detail while walking, compared to driving. Surprisingly there were a lot of things along the road that I did not notice all this while.
















The procession took about 30 minutes and we stopped in front of the mosque where we first gathered. I already felt like a fit and strong person when we were served with heavy breakfast early in the morning. *sigh* We went home after that but there was still other programme after the Friday prayer.

as I was thinking I had lost some weight already...







And after the Friday prayer, a guest speaker from the state of Pahang, Dato' Badli Shah bin Aluddin, was invited to give a talk in the mosque. People were served briyani rice again but I could not take it anymore after the very heavy breakfast which I had had earlier.




The talk started at 2:30 p.m. and there were many people attending the session. I was glad I  waited after the Friday prayer for this. He was indeed a good speaker and there was never a dull moment. No wonder he is such a popular figure here in Malaysia.





The whole thing ended after the Asar prayer. It was good that the event was held during the school holiday. (BTW, we celebrated the Prophet's birthdays twice this year, as we follow the Hijri/Muslim's calendar). Hopefully I could spare more time to attend similar event in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment