Monday, March 13, 2017

OF A REUNION WITH AN EX-CLASSMATE AND A GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE IN MEDAN


1st FEBRUARY 2017 ~ I have a friend, an ex-classmate from my Budiman class of SMS Muar, who is now working in Medan. When I was there, we quickly set a date for a get-together - thousand miles away from home. Mr. Ahmad Fadillah Md. Aris was kind enough to meet me (or us) right after work, despite the bad traffic congestion in the evening.


Mr. Ahmad picked us up at the hotel and took us to this eating place called Titi Bobrok [translate: damaged bridge]. This should be a popular eating place in Medan, just by looking at the large crowd, either eating there or queuing up to get their packed food away.


The restaurant specializes in noodles, specifically Acheh Noodles, but there are different varieties of this well-known local delicacies. I found the taste of the noodles different from the one I tried in Berastagi the day before and here, it was more delicious.


Mr. Ahmad also ordered murtabak which of course was  different the one we had back home, and it was served with soy sauce, and slices of onions and pickled chilies. For dessert, we had durian pancake and that is called durian crepe at my place.






















I thought we would be sent back to the hotel right after dinner, but we were then taken to another place for other kind of gastronomic adventure.

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment