Monday, May 15, 2017

NATIONAL LEVEL TEACHER'S DAY CELEBRATION IN JOHOR BAHRU


The last time Johor Bahru hosted Teacher's Day for national level was many, many years ago. I was directly involved and I had to wear my firefighters uniform with other teachers who were in their own different uniform units to read the Teacher's Oath on stage. This time, however, I was there to attend a talk at 10:00 a.m at Plaza Angsana.


Unfortunately it rained really heavily when I was about to leave school after my class was finished at 10:30 a.m. Once I was stuck in school, that would mean I would have to do other things which would prevent me from leaving. So I was there by 12:00 p.m. and the talk was already over but I was told there were many people attending, so everything was alright.


There was this big tent (called marquee actually) which housed exhibition booths. I went to have a look but definitely not stopping for long for the fear of having persuaded to become a member of a teacher's union or subscribe a specially designed credit card for teacher.


















There were also other commercial stalls outside which were more interesting.






Actually the main reason why I was here is to see an old friend from UPM TESL batch 1993, Dr. Hayati Ismail who was on duty. We managed to chat over lunch despite our busy schedule, or else we could spend more time eating and gossiping at some other places.






That was my involvement in this year's national level Teacher's Day celebration this year. I participated in the event by being there, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment