Sunday, June 4, 2017

MY FIRST INFORMAL IFTAR SESSION OUTSIDE FOR THIS YEAR


3rd JUNE 2017 ~ I was invited to join an "iftar" [break fast] session with the big family of Mr. Shavarein Sulong and Pn. Norazlina Sugang, a family of my ex-students, at Swiss Inn Hotel, Johor Bahru. It was hard to say "no" especially when we have become family friends. There were also about three other families whom I did not know who were in together in the group.

the starter plate
'



the dished in the big pans were always warm








my favourite checkpoint: variety of (artificially)
colourful, flavoured drinks




the hottest checkpoint: roasted lamb













I really liked the decoration at the restaurant and the food was also good. Actually I was worried as I had overeaten and I still had to perform my terawikh prayers right after that.

Thanks again for the invitation and for Mr. Syazwan Shavarein, I wonder whether we could be in this kind of gathering again next year or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment