Thursday, January 11, 2018

MOVIE REVIEW - '"THE GREATEST SHOWMAN"


I managed to watch the human side of Hugh Jackman on screen finally. All this while he had been a Wolverine. Playing the character of P.T. Barnum, the founder of the Ringling and The Barnum & Bailey Circus, "The Greatest Showman" tells the life story of one of the prominent figures in American entertainment industry. 

I always wanted to go to Singapore to watch a live theatre performance, but for now, I had to settle for this musical. Even though the setting was of New York's 17th century - the music and the dance were very contemporary, and I enjoyed the whole movie very much.

I just hope this film will win at the coming Academy Award for Best Costume Design or Best Make Up and Hairstyling, or Best Original Score/Original Song.

"The noblest art is of making others happy."
~ P.T. Barnum ~

No comments:

Post a Comment