Monday, January 1, 2018

MY MAKASSAR GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE - "ES TELER"


Another well-known dessert in Makassar is "Es Teler". I successfully found one restaurant selling this sweet delicacy as similar to "Es Pisang Ijo", I could not get it from the many stalls at Losari Beach. Similar to our local ABC [translate: mixed ice], "Es Teler" is shaved ice with a lot of local fruits like slices of jackfruit and avocado, and sweetened by the syrup while the coconut milk provides the creamy taste. It should be wonderful to get a bowl of"Es Teler" when the temperature is high outside. However, I was enjoying my dessert when it was suddenly raining in Makassar.






The restaurant was located at the city centre, near to the hotel I was staying at Losari Beach. It was very modern and it looked more like a fast food restaurant. You can also find the branches of this restaurant in Malaysia, so you don't have to travel far for "Es Teler".

No comments:

Post a Comment