Sunday, April 18, 2010

ATTENDING HIDAYAH'S WEDDING


When ex-students invited me for their wedding reception, in a way, I feel appreciated because they still remember me. So, I went to an invitation from Nur Hidayah Mokhsin, one of the students whom I first taught when the school was opened in December 1994.

with Aidil and Arbaiyah

Lucky enough, I went with her other two classmates/schoolmates,
Aidil and Arbaiyah (accompanied by her husband and two kids). Both are now teachers and the bride is a teacher as well. In a way, this like a reunion between a teacher and his students who have chosen teaching as their career. I think I have stayed in the school for a long time already, *sigh*.

with the bride and bridegroom

Hidayah's sisters who are also ex-students: Nurzawani and Nurul Huda


Nafil reported:
I heard Abdullah b. Umar (Allah be pleased with them) narrating that Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Accept the feast when you are invited to it. And Abdullah (b.Umar) used to come to the feast, whether it was a wedding feast or other than that, and he would come there even in the state of fasting.
{Book 8, Volume 16, Number 3344: Sahih Muslim}
source: hadithoftheday.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment