Friday, September 23, 2016

VISITING THE ANGKLUNG FACTORY AT SAUNG UDJO IN BANDUNG


15th September 2016 ~ We went straight to Saung Udjo Angklung once we landed in Bandung (after lunch actually). After meeting Ibu Elly, we were taken to the angklung factory and I had never seen so many angklungs in my life. 






The workers were busy with their work, working on the bamboo pieces manually. It is like magic how these pieces of bamboos could be transformed into musical instruments which produce beautiful music. 





















with one of the staff at the factory


with Ibu Elly, the staff I contacted
and communicated via Whatsapp
Once all the angklung boxes that we bought were safely transferred into the car, that meant the business transaction was already completed. I smelled of bamboo upon leaving the factory but I was a happy man.

OTHER RELATED LINKS TO MY BANDUNG TRIP:

THE FARMHOUSE [PART ONE]   [PART TWO]

ANGKLUNG PERFORMANCE VIDEO:


No comments:

Post a Comment