Friday, January 14, 2011

AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL MARITIME MUSEUM - FROM THE OUTSIDE

There were more things to explore outside the museum. If you are willing to pay, then you could get on and into the warship and submarine. I just opted for something free, climbing up the lighthouse.



This was a real lighthouse which was moved to the site. It was not for the faint-hearted. You have to climb up a narrow and high spiral staircase in order to get on top. Only one person could use the staircase at one time so the officer-in-charge will direct the people moving upwards and downwards. Sometimes you might have to stop halfway and give way for other people to pass first.






One word to describe the view from the deck - SPECTACULAR. I am happy that the photographs I took from up there turned up beautiful.



I wish I could stay there forever but all good things must come to an end. But it was a short time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment