Monday, December 12, 2011

MOVIE REVIEW - "THE MUPPETS"

This was the movie I watched during the weekend as it was the one that fit in the outing (with an ex-student) schedule well. There was no regret though as the film was quite entertaining. It was a movie that warmed the heart and took you back down the memory lane and you would realize how life was much simpler back then.

It was a journey of two siblings, Gary (human) and Walter (muppet) and Gary's girlfriend, Mary (another human), in trying to save the Muppet Studio from being destroyed by an oil tycoon. Then all the Muppets characters came marching in and how happy I was to see the familiar faces of Froggie, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Gonzo the Great etc. And they had to put up a final show to raise funds to do that. Other than the Muppets characters, there were other actors/artists who made their appearance such as Jack Black, Whoopi Goldberg and Selena Gomez.

This musical comedy is suitable not only for kids but also for (young) adults (like me) who have grown up with the Muppets. And I found that my mind is being haunted by the Muppets' songs and I keep humming them until this moment of publishing this entry. I need a rehab.

2 comments: