Friday, March 13, 2015

VISITING THE FAMOUS CHIROPRACTOR IN JOHOR BAHRU


I had been working too hard during the Chinese New Year break, lifting big flower pots and heavy soil for the plants. Consequently, my right hand was injured and I was living in pain for the past 2 weeks. Today, as the mid term school break had just started, I made my way to Kampung Ungku Mohsin to meet the famous chiropractor in Johor Bahru. I could not go during weekdays as the traditional practitioner could not issue medical certificates. I had been here many times before. Back in 1994, when I met with an accident and broke my collar bone, I had sought help from Uncle Chong.


I arrived at the house by 8:30 a.m. There was already a big crowd there, people from all walks of life, regardless of races and religious beliefs were eagerly waiting for their turns. I managed to secure number 53. So I went back home first (lucky my house is near) to get breakfast and returned later. I wonder how early did all these people come here to get their numbers?

the crowd at 8:30 a.m.








the crowd at 10:30 a.m.
You would know how well-known this place is just by looking at the crowd. People were telling even the Sultan (or the royal family) came here for treatment. Uncle Chong had also made appearance on national television.

the chiropractor at work in the open

When I arrived there at 10:30 a.m., my number was called after 10 minutes. For most cases which do not require the patients to take off their shirts, the twisting, pulling, tugging, massaging and relocating activities are done in the open and other people are free to watch but not for the faint-hearted. In contrast, there are also rooms for treatment for other cases and for ladies where privacy is needed.


This time, the person who treated me was not the usual Uncle Chong but Mr. Chong junior, I supposed. Everything lasted for about 5 minutes. The usual question would be: was it painful? It was painful alright but better to suffer for just a few minutes and get a speedy recovery rather than suffering the pain for a longer period of time.

the herbs on my shoulder
Pray that I will recover soon so I could enjoy the one week school break to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment