Wednesday, January 6, 2016

EXPLORING THE MORNING MARKET OF CHIANG RAI


If you really want to mingle with the locals, the best place to go is the wet market. I made the effort to wake up early and be on the street when it was still empty and had the whole town to my own. I had already located the market the day before and it was near the mosque area. 



When I arrived there, the market was already buzzing with activities. People were there to get their daily supplies of fish, meat, fruits and vegetables. The choices of fruits sold in the market were just amazing - fresh and cheap.









monks collecting their alms





I was truly ecstatic to find Muslim ladies selling halal food and I had breakfast Chiang Rai style that morning.









should be one of the local delicacies


a temple near the market
I wish I could buy all the fruits to bring back home but I still had a few more days to be in Thailand, so I had to buy them later in Chiang Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment